Thursday 1 August 2013

Time to become a butterfly

When I came across this old English proverb a few months back on Pinterest, I was having a bit of a tough time and it really resonated with me. I am the caterpillar.

It also reminded me of a famous passage from Albert Camus:

In the midst of hate, I found there was, within me, an invincible love.
In the midst of tears, I found there was, within me, an invincible smile.
In the midst of chaos, I found there was, within me, an invincible calm.
I realised, through it all, that…

It's amazing really how resilient the human kind is.

Now I'm not pretending my struggle comes even close to many people's across the planet. But I think in our own little ways, at some point, we all face winter and we all need to find that invincible summer.

How poignant then, that next month I am quite literally spreading my wings and flying off to summer. And whilst in reality it may not be invincible, it's certainly going to be a long one, and one that will doubtless stay in my mind forever. I'll keep you updated on how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment