Monday 21 July 2014

Dancing in the rain

Yesterday as the skies opened above Dartford Park and the rain began to pour, I couldn't help but wonder why on Earth I'd let myself be convinced it was a good idea not to shelter in the nearest pub, and instead stay in the open air, soaking up the live music and 'festival' atmosphere.

One sodden playsuit, two cosmos, a mud fight and a hell of a lot of laughter later, I knew why.


It's not very often we just stand out in the rain, splash about in the puddles, jump in the mud, and truly embrace a storm. When I think back to the times that I have, it has always been ridiculously fun! In Orlando, we danced around Universal in the rain; when I was 15 we allowed ourselves to get soaked en route home, jumping in puddles like we were 5 again; and yesterday we rolled around in the mud and danced to The Beat like noone was watching (even though I'm pretty certain plenty of people were) - each and everyone of those times have been truly brilliant!

So ask yourself this: Why wait for the storm to pass, when you can be having a ball dancing in it?

No comments:

Post a Comment