Tuesday 23 September 2014

A weekend full of adventure

Jam-packed with cycling, golf, bowling, skating, football, cocktails, the most amazing swimming pool, good food and good friends, all set in the stunning setting of Sherwood Forest, what's not to love about a long weekend at Centre Parcs?


It was always likely I'd enjoy an adventure weekend - when I was younger I loved school trips to activity centres, such as PGL and Bowles, but a lot of years have passed since then - nevertheless, Centre Parcs didn't disappoint.

Even with a trip to A&E for my friend's rapids-inflicted injury, it was a spectacular long weekend. Waking up to see a multitude of wildlife out the window, from ducks to hedgehogs, moorhens, stoats, and our resident squirrels, Simon and Sammy; hopping on our bikes and cycling everywhere; hot chocolates at the country club; catching up with old Uni friends; it all made it very special. Plus, to top it all off we got to watch my beloved Leicester City beat Man U 5-3!!! Definitely one to remember.

I'd recommend Centre Parcs to anyone - I know I'll be going back. After all, we all need a bit of adventure in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment