Monday 20 January 2014

Sensory overload


I've been in Bangkok for two days now and wow has it been a sensory overload.

A different language, different culture, different people, protests, Singha beer, rice, markets, chicken feet, temples, boats, fish, Buddhas, Asian-style toilets, shisha, rice, gold, China town, Tuk tuks, shrines, Chang beer, monitor lizards, sarongs, mopeds, Pad Thai.

It's been crazy, a bit lonely, but it's been interesting and at times a lot of fun. Bangkok actually isn't quite as mental as I anticipated; surprisingly there are times when it's quite peaceful. It also isn't as steeped in history as I expected - a lot of the temples are newer than I'd have thought. 

There are some beautiful spots as well as some not so beautiful. I'm certainly looking forward to returning in a few days, when my senses have calmed down a little, to explore a bit more.









No comments:

Post a Comment